- 6 Pieces of Amla
- Salt, Red Chilli Powder, Turmuric, Jeera, Hing, Sauf, Sugar all things according to taste
- First we will need to steam the amla this is an important process.
- Take a pressure cooker and then pour water in the base. Take a plate with holes in it and put it over the water. Note that water should not touch the plate. Do not cut the Amla just drop them over the plate
- Close the pressure cooker lid and steam the Amla till 2 whistles.
- Open the lid you will see that Amla is all soft and broken up. Clean up the seeds of Amla.
- Keep it to cool in room temperature.
- Add Oil in another Kadai and then add 1 tea spoon of jeera, sauf and hing.
- Cook till you hear pop sound of Jeera.
- Then add Amla in the Kadai
- Cook for sometime and then add Red Chilli Powder, Turmeric and Salt according to taste.
- Cook again for sometime and then add Sugar according to the taste just to give a sweet flavor to the Amla
- Cook for a min and remove the kadai from the heat. Put the lid over the kadai just to that the flavors mix together.
- You can eat with Roti or Rice.
You will have the typical Amla Taste with a bit of sugary flavor.